Shull Roofing in Emporia is proud to offer Decra and DaVinci synthetic tile options for your next roofing project! Synthetic tile shingles are a modern improvement on a construction classic. Made from combinations of plastic and rubber, synthetic tile is designed to mirror the beauty and uniqueness of authentic tile without the expense of installation headaches, all while being a longer-lasting shingle. Synthetics are made by injection-molding petroleum-based materials into metal forms that are cast from authentic tile. Some brands of synthetic tile shingles are manufactured with virgin rubber or plastic, while other products incorporate recycled rubber or plastic, mineral dust, or cellulose fibers. Recycled content usually consists of high-quality post-industrial materials; only a few incorporate post-consumer recycled materials.
Here’s a look at the benefits that synthetic tile provides without sacrificing the aesthetic value of traditional tile:
Cost and Longevity
On a scale comparing the costs of conventional roofing materials, the initial cost of installing synthetic tile shingles falls in the middle—it’s more expensive than asphalt and architectural shingles and less expensive than authentic materials. Unlike less expensive asphalt shingles, however, synthetic tile roofs can last for up to 100 years, and the majority of synthetic tile shingles have 50-year warranties. The long life expectancy of this material means that a roof doesn’t have to be replaced in 15 or even 30 years, and also that fewer repairs are needed during the roof’s lifetime.
Safe and Energy Efficient
Synthetic tile is considered a “green” building alternative—even those that use virgin materials—because all types of synthetic tile can be recycled at the end of a roof’s usable life. Synthetic tile shingles are more durable than authentic tile, as they contain advanced ultraviolet inhibitors to reduce wear from the sun.
Safety is never an afterthought with synthetic tile. Synthetic tile typically contains impact modifiers to help withstand storm damage; in fact, most are certified by Underwriters Laboratories for Class 4 impact resistance, the highest level for roofing materials. Many synthetic tiles also have a Class A fire-resistance rating, which means they’re the most effective against severe exposure to external fires, are not readily flammable, and do not spread the fire.
Smooth Transportation and Installation
Transportation and installation of synthetic tile shingles are easier and less expensive than other roofing materials. Synthetic tile shingles are lighter than all asphalt shingles and are only a quarter the weight of authentic tile shingles. Their light weight also means that a standard roof structure can support synthetic tile shingles with no special reinforcement, making them practical for mainstream residential construction. During installation, synthetic tile shingles can easily be field-cut with a utility knife and nailed into place with standard roofing nails and a pneumatic nail gun. These characteristics are in sharp contrast with those of authentic tile installation, which requires precision cutting and nailing of heavy shingles that chip and crack easily.
It’s easy to see how you can maintain the pleasing aesthetic of a traditional tile roof without having to sacrifice key features, such as durability or energy efficiency, and even save time and money while doing so! That said, synthetic tile roofing material may not be right for everybody or every roof. If you’re ready to see if synthetic roofing is right for you, contact Shull Roofing best roofing company in Emporia today for a free estimate. Our team is ready to help you take your roof to new heights, so don’t wait, give them a call!
If you are looking for a long-lasting roofing material that will not need a replacement for the remainder of your home ownership, look no further than concrete or clay tile. This amazing product can last upwards of 50+ years when properly installed and maintained. This amazing product is one of the oldest roofing materials and has spanned decades due to its durability, and amazing life span.
What will a new tile roof cost in Salina? Homeowners can expect to pay between $14,000 and $18,000, depending on the size of the roof, the type of tile chosen, the pitch of the roof, and several other factors. A new synthetic tile roof will cost between $1000 and $1200 per square to install in Salina.
The size of your home will greatly impact the final cost of synthetic tile roof installation. When you call Shull Roofing to inquire about a free estimate we will use precise measurements to provide you with as accurate pricing as possible. If you desire to have an idea of what it will cost for a new tile roof, check the chart below for an approximate cost. (Learn More)
10 square roof: $10,000 to $12,000
15 square roof: $15,000 to $18,000
20 square roof: $20,000 to $24,000
25 square roof: $25,000 to $30,000
30 square roof: $30,000 to $36,000
What types of tile does Shull Roofing in Salina install?
Clay Tile Roofing
- Longevity: Clay tiles are longer lasting than other roofing materials. These roofs can have a longevity of nearly 100 years. Even on the low end, clay tile can last 50 years. They are built to be nearly indestructible and resistant to the elements.
- Low Maintenance: Many other roofing materials require regular maintenance, cleaning, and inspections. Clay tile seems to be a “set it and forget it” type of roofing material. They are built to last!
- Durability: A beautiful attribute of clay is that they do not rot and are insect-resistant. They remain structurally reliable and stunning for years to come.
- Insulation – An advantage to clay tiles is that air can freely circulate beneath the tiles, regulating the rooftop temperatures, and maintaining comfortable indoor temperatures.
- Weather Resistant – Other types of roofing materials must expand and contract with the changing weather conditions. Clay beautifully maintains the roof’s integrity through the ability to withstand hot and cold weather events.
Concrete Tile Roofing
- Durability: Similar to clay, this type of tile roofing can last an extremely long time. This is one of the longest track records of performance compared to other roofing materials such as asphalt and metal.
- Withstand Nature – Hailstorms, strong rainstorms, rot, insect damage, and fire don’t hold much up against concrete tile. You will never have to worry about a safe strong roof over your head when you rely on concrete tiling.
- Variety: Another beautiful attribute of the concrete tiling is the variety of colors and styles the homeowner can choose from. The possibilities are endless!
- Low Maintenance – Again, similar to clay, there is minimal maintenance that needs to be addressed with a concrete tile roof. There is no need to have a to-do list line item for your roof when it comes to this amazing material.
- Noise-Controlling – Ah, the peace and quiet atmosphere of a home with a concrete tile roof! Concrete tile has a noise-canceling feature that keeps the racket of the neighborhood outside where it needs to stay.
No matter where you live, or the style of your home, you can glean the amazing benefits of a tile roof! Consider calling Shull Roofing in Salina to learn more about this stunning material and cross off roof maintenance from your regular inspection schedule for good! We are skilled and knowledgeable when it comes to tile roofing and we will provide you with 100% customer satisfaction! Call today to learn more!