A quality roofing system plays a pivotal role in maintaining your home’s well-being, yet its effectiveness relies on the integrity of the gutter system. Ensuring durable, secure gutters is necessary, as they form a much-needed defense against damage and complications caused by excess water. Without a reliable gutter system, the accumulation of mold, mildew, and debris can lead to costly repairs. Two primary types of gutter systems—sectional and seamless—offer distinct advantages in managing water flow, reinforcing the importance of selecting an appropriate system for every home.
How do you know if it’s time to evaluate the gutter system on your home? Here are some questions to ask as you inspect your gutters.
- Do you notice any cracks in the gutter?
- Is the paint beginning to peel?
- Do you notice pools of water under the gutter?
- Do you spot mildew near the foundation of your home?
- Do the gutters sag or pull away from the home?
- Is there breakage at the seams?
- Is there rust present?
- Are there nails and/or fasteners on the ground under the gutters?
There is so much to look at and inspect with a gutter system! If you have noticed any of the above complications, then it is most likely time to invest in new gutters. Which is the best gutter system for my home and budget?
Sectional vs. Seamless
How do you choose which system is best for your home? At Shull Roofing in Salina, we install two types of gutter systems. Seamless and sectional. Here is a list of the pros and cons of each system.
This type of gutter system is created and pieced together with connectors and fasteners to extend the length of the home. Each corner piece and end cap are attached with fasteners as well. Given these sections, debris can build up at the seams. These gutters, however, are a wise option as they can fit into almost any budget.
- Affordable gutter option
- Can be installed by the homeowner
- Minor damages, such as small cracks and holes, can be repaired
- Fairly quick installation, usually a day or two depending on the size of the home
- Sectional gutters may weaken due to various weather conditions
- Can leak where fasteners have been attached
- Lifespan is minimal, considering it needs to be resealed every 1 to 5 years
- Made of a weaker material
It’s tough to beat the quality of seamless gutters! These gutters are custom-cut on-site, and then installed immediately. The lack of seams makes them durable, and long-lasting, and will rarely crack or split.
They require less maintenance than other gutter systems. Seamless gutters are designed to fit any roof.
- Strong and durable
- No seams mean minimal potential for leaks
- Able to withstand weather conditions
- Perfect fit to the home
- More expensive upfront than sectional
- If repairs are needed, the full section will need to be replaced
- Needs professional installation for proper placement
Regardless of what type of gutter system you choose for your home, it is wise to consider gutter guards. We, at Shull Roofing in Salina, are huge fans of gutter guards! These guards will help to keep out the large debris that tends to collect in gutters such as leaves, small branches, and other debris. Gutter Guards come in a variety of colors which makes it easier to match the color of your gutters for a seamless appearance. Our professional and experienced staff is here to guide you through a variety of gutter guard sizes, styles, and benefits of gutter guards.
Shull Roofing is a family-owned and operated roofing company serving the local Salina area with exceptional roofing and home exterior services. We have years of experience and our staff has top-notch talent and skill. We never cut corners, but take the time to educate our customers every step of the way, and strive to stay within budget. You can always count on us to get the job done right, the first time!
Call us today to learn more about how to upgrade your gutter system to best serve your roofing needs.